AF burden 2023
RATIONALE & BACKGROUND
Atrial fibrillation (AF) is a major risk factor for stroke. Despite substantial advances in both the treatment for AF and the prevention of AF related strokes, fundamental questions on pathophysiological mechanisms, risk assessment, prevention and therapy are still unresolved. There is an unmet medical need for clinically applicable concepts in AF diagnostic workup and individual patient risk evaluation.
AIMS OF THE CONFERENCE
- Developing a consensus statement that defines the concept of AF burden as a clinically applicable principle to inform clinical evaluation in regard to diagnostic value, risk assessment and therapeutic options.
- Addressing key questions that help to define the scope of AF burden,
- Developing a platform and structure for interdisciplinary expert discussion and consensus process for subsequent topics.
MEETING STRUCTURE AND CONCEPT OUTLINE
Scientific program nucleus
19 internationally renowned experts in AF and stroke prevention with high clinical and academic standing. A full time in-person attendance is required to ensure recognition of consensus voting (no late arrival or early departure).
Carina Blomstrom Lundqvist
Isabelle van Gelder
Luciano Sposato (WSO)
Douglas L Packer
Industry partners with an interest in the topic will be invited:
- to observe the academic exchange
- to contribute to the debate in selected aspects
Two half days (afternoon – morning) with 2-3 sessions per half day, each addressing a specified topic (key question) in a defined structure:
- A kickstart presentation to introduce the topic and the unmet need (8 min max, invited presenter)
- Open discussion round the table (all)
- Presentation of the key question and options for a consensus (session chair)
- Discussion of the consensus options (all)
- Voting on a consensus for each question (all)
The final session will address the consensus statement on a clinical definition of AF burden.
- Impulse presentation to summarise the unmet need and the discussed key questions
- Propose a clinical definition of AF burden (session chair)
- Discussion and Voting for a consensus (all)
Translational Medicine Academy (TMA)
Picasso Platz 8,
CHARLES SCHOEN – Operations Director
T. +33 (0) 608 18 77 08
Email : email@example.com
FAB POLLER – Industry Relations
T. +33 (0) 699 66 19 73
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org